Last Date: 27/07/2020
Lok Sabha Secretariat invites applications (through e-mail only) from eligible Indian citizens for filling up of the following vacancies for the post of Translator on Direct Recruitment basis.
Check for the important details below:
|Name of Organization||Recruitment Branch, Lok Sabha Secretariat|
|Application Closing Date||27/07/2020|
|Mode of Application||Email Only|
Lok Sabha Secretariat Vacancy Details:
|Post Name||No. of Posts||Pay Matrix||Age Limit|
|Translator||47 (SC- 3, ST: 5, OBC: 17, UR:13, EWS: 9)||[Level 8 |
|27 years (29 years for translation work experience of 02 years)|
- Master’s Degree in Hindi from a recognized University with English as a subject at the Degree Level
- Master’s Degree in English from a recognized University with Hindi as a subject at the Degree Level
- Master’s Degree in any subject from a recognized University with Hindi and English as subjects at the Degree Level
- Master’s Degree in any subject with Hindi medium* from a recognized University and English as a subject at the Degree Level OR Master’s Degree in any subject with English medium* from a recognized University and Hindi as a subject at the Degree Level.
( * – The candidates will have to furnish a self-attested scanned copy of a certificate from the Registrar or Controller of Examination of the concerned University/Principal of the college wherein the ‘Medium of Instruction’ of the respective qualification is clearly mentioned.)
- Diploma/Certificate course in Translation from Hindi to English and vice-versa from any University/ Institute recognized by the Government OR
- 02 years experience of Translation work from Hindi to English and vice versa in Central/State Government offices or State Legislature Secretariats or Central/State Public Sector Undertakings/Autonomous Bodies/Supreme Court of India/High Courts.
Note:- Persons to be appointed as Translator in the Secretariat on the basis of Direct Recruitment examination will be required to qualify a typing test in English/Hindi on a computer at the minimum speed of 8000 key depressions per hour within a period of two years from the date of their appointment to the grade for grant/release of second and subsequent annual increment in their scale of pay. In the event of their failure to qualify the test within the specified period, their second and subsequent annual increments, after the expiry of the said period, shall be withheld until they qualify the test or for a maximum period of 05 years whichever is earlier.
If in service in Government
If not in service in Government
|SC & ST||Up to 10 years*||5 years*|
|OBC||Up to 8 years*||3 years*|
|GEN/EWS||Up to 5 years*||Nil|
|Ex-Servicemen**||Length of Military Service plus 3 years up to the maximum of 45 years, 48 years and 50 years for the candidates belonging to GEN/EWS, OBC and SC/ST categories, respectively.|
|Employees of Lok Sabha Secretariat||No age Limit for employees of Lok Sabha Secretariat. Provided that 3 years’ continuous regular service has been completed in Lok Sabha Secretariat.|
*– In respect of vacancies, if any, available/reserved for them.
**- Ex-Serviceman shall attach a self-attested scanned copy of the relevant pages of Discharge Book. Otherwise, the candidate will not be given admissible age relaxation on this account. Ex-Serviceman means a person who has served in any rank whether as a combatant or non-combatant in the Regular Army, Navy, Air Force of the Indian Union.
be on the basis of performance in a two-phase Written Examination.
How to apply:
Eligible candidates have to apply for the above post strictly in the format prescribed in this Advertisement, either in English or in Hindi. The application form along with the requisite documents required are to be e-mailed on the e-mail address [email protected].
NOTE: ONLY SCANNED COPIES OF THE APPLICATION FORM ALONGWITH REQUISITE DOCUMENTS WILL BE ACCEPTED. THE APPLICATION FORM IN OTHER THAN DIGITAL FORMAT AS SPECIFIED ABOVE WILL BE SUMMARILY REJECTED.
Important Links for Translator of Lok Sabha Secretariat:
|Download Official Notification||Download|
|Official Website||Goto Lok Sabha Official Site|